The strainer is a cost-effective solution for the mechanical removal of unwanted impurities from liquid, gas, or steam lines by means of a perforated or wire mesh straining element. They are used in pipelines to protect pumps, meters, control valves, steam traps, regulators, and other process equipment.
A Y-strainer has the advantage of being able to be installed in either a horizontal or vertical position.
However, in both cases, the screen element must be on the “downside” of the strainer body so the impurities can be properly collected and held for disposal.Y Strainers are furnished with high-quality stainless steel screens that are carefully fabricated to fit the strainer body perfectly.
cast steel Y-strainer
● STEEL STRAINER, AS ME B 16.34
● TO FACE, AS ME B 16.10
● END FLANGES, AS ME B 16.5
● BUTT WELDING ENDS, AS ME B 16.25
● INSPECTION AND TEST, API 598
● Y-PATTERN TYPE
● BOLTED BONNET CAP WITH DRAIN PLUG
● PERFORATED STAINLESS STEEL SCREEN
● STRAINER DENSITY 100MESH DESIGN
● FULL RANGE OF STRAINER DENSITY
● RENEWABLES TRAINER DENSITY
● FLANGED OR BUTT WELDING ENDS
standard material specifiactions
Note:spiral wound construction
percentage open area
Even the mesh is the same：
the open area is not always the same due to the diameter of the wire.
The details of the wire as follows：
A：Number of Wire
B：Diameter of Wire
C：Width of Opening
D：Percentage of OPEN AREA